Monday, November 2, 2009

Moving Day




We just moved our office. Drama. I am so tired of drama. I am tired of change. I am tired of life-changing surprises. I just want normal and regular…boring looks better all the time. It seems that regular is something I left behind at 405 Heathman Avenue, Indianola. MS almost 40 years ago. I don’t think anything has been regular since then.

However, we love our new space. Wanted to share a little of it with you. If you are traveling down Highway 51 north in Ridgeland , come see us. Thanks to my sweet (and he hates it when I connect his name with “sweet.”) husband we have an office filled with “pretty.” So if you drop in…you will then want to go see him for rugs and stuff...Tinnin Imports.com….they do have the best stuff around.
We set aside this week to move, knowing no matter how great we did our homework, things would not go as planned. If I gave you a list of the corporate entities who completely misplaced our requests or lost us altogether, I would have a field day for all plaintiff attorneys who read us….which is close to ZERO in number.
We simply had more than one opportunity to learn patience. I just keep wondering…how much patience is enough?????

Oh – and I hope you notice the new song. Our friend and food editor Lydia lost her mother recently. This is the song her cousin Cherry sang at her funeral. I have downloaded it to my
i-pod, fallen completely in love with it, and want to hear it every day just to get me over the headlines and the news and help me focus on the things that will be here when nothing else is. In the middle of chaos…or in those peaceful moments when there is no chaos…give me Jesus every time. 24/7…Jesus.

So now we buckle down and think Christmas. Big prayer. May we think Christmas in the true sense of the word.

No comments: